FSE Energy brings over 75 years of experience and unparalleled quality to the utility and industrial grade boiler marketplace in stoker grate combustion solutions in the output range of 10K PPH to 650K PPH. FSE Energy can provide the full scope of engagement to deliver a turn-key power or cogeneration plant including engineering, design, fabrication, procurement, construction, balance of plant work and aftermarket services.
A variety of stoker grate combustion options are available depending on the operating parameters and fuel specified. Common options include vibrating, traveling, stationary and reciprocating grates.
- Low capital costs – FSE Energy has the reputation for offering the highest quality equipment at the best possible value. Customers using stoker grate combustion technology often realize the lowest possible initial capital costs.
- Low maintenance costs – Grate technology offers simple operation and reduced maintenance costs.
- Less refractory – As it requires less refractory in the furnace and boiler, emergency and planned outages have reduced maintenance costs.
- Availability – Grate technology provides the lowest available system downtimes of any combustion technologies.
- Fuel flexibility – Grate technology is the best option for fuels with moisture content under 55%, low ash fusion fuels and high alkali content fuels which cause slagging in BFB/CFB systems.
When to Choose a Stoker Boiler
- Low capital costs are paramount
- Low operations & maintenance cost are targeted
- When a customer expects to burn fuels with either of the following conditions:
- Low ash fusion temperatures in the fuel
- High alkali content in the fuel
Fuel Options in a Stoker Grate Boiler
- Agricultural residue (bagasse, stover, rice hulls)
- Landfill gas
- Natural gas
- Paper mill sludge
- Poultry litter
- Process wastes (furniture manufacturing, construction & demolition)
- Recycled paper facility sludge
- Syrup from ethanol facilities with high alkali contents
- Tire-derived fuels
- Wood waste (forestry, pulp and paper)
- And other fuels